Make the Most of Your Healthcare Visits
It’s important to build a strong relationship with your healthcare team both before and during your treatment with INCIVEK Triple Therapy. The key to this is communication. Before and during treatment, there will be questions that your healthcare provider will ask you and questions you will want to ask him or her. Here are a few examples to help you prepare. Print these pages to take to your doctor’s visits, and be sure to write down any additional information or questions you may have.
- What Your Healthcare Team Needs To Know
- Certain blood problems such as low red blood cell count (anemia)
- Liver problems other than hepatitis C infection
- Hepatitis B, HIV infection, or any problems with your immune system
- Any history of gout or high uric acid levels in your blood
- If you have had an organ transplant
- If you plan to have any surgery
- Any other medical condition
- If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- Any medications you are currently taking, both prescription and over-the-counter
- Any herbal products you use, such as St. John’s wort
- Any vitamins you are currently taking
- Your habits regarding alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, and other substances
If you think you may have difficulty avoiding alcohol or other susbtances that could affect your treatment while on INCIVEK Triple Therapy, you must tell your healthcare team. It’s important to be honest. The members of your healthcare team are required to respect your privacy. Together, you can decide how to move forward.
- What You Can Ask Your Healthcare Team
- How will taking INCIVEK affect other medications I may already be taking?
- How long will my side effects last?
- Who should I call if I am experiencing a side effect?
- What should I do if I forget to take INCIVEK?
- What should I do if I forget to eat before I take INCIVEK?
- Will I experience different side effects after I stop taking INCIVEK?
Your questions may be different. That’s okay. Whatever questions you have, your healthcare team is there to support you. Don’t hesitate to contact your healthcare provider if you have any questions throughout your treatment.