Taking INCIVEK Triple Therapy.
- 3 INCIVEK pills 2 times a day (10 to 14 hours apart) for 12 weeks with
peginterferon alfa and ribavirin. An additional 12 or 36 weeks of
peginterferon alfa and ribavirin is required, for a total treatment duration of
24 or 48 weeks
- INCIVEK cannot be taken alone. You will also need a once-weekly
peginterferon alfa injection and to take ribavirin as your healthcare provider
- If you miss a dose within 6 hours of when you usually take it, take your dose with food as soon as possible. If you miss a dose and it is more than 6 hours after the time you usually take it, skip that dose only and take your next dose at your normal time
- You may be able to create a dosing plan in which you take your INCIVEK
and ribavirin at the same time each day. Make sure to discuss this with your healthcare provider
Take INCIVEK with FOOD
- Eat a meal or snack that has about 20 grams of fat
- Be sure to eat that food within 30 minutes before taking each INCIVEK dose
Your Dosing Planner
Since it’s important to take INCIVEK twice daily (10-14 hours apart) with food, you should create a plan for when you will take INCIVEK and what you will eat. Use this Dosing Planner to help keep you on track. Set the time for your first dose, and your next dose will be planned out for you. It also provides suggestions for food with 20 grams of fat for when you take INCIVEK. Remember: the food you eat with INCIVEK should not be low fat. The amount of fat listed may be different from your brand of the same food. Read the label for the whole story about your food.
For more suggestions of foods you can eat during treatment, as well as tips for reading food labels and estimating serving sizes, download our Food Facts brochure.